Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Standard Based Bulletin Boards


A Standard Based Bulletin Board is something that America's Choice Design has mandated us to do. Do I like it? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! Do I have to do it? YEEEEEEEEEEEEES!! These are all of the things that should be posted: the task, a rubric, student work (with comments). These people confuse me. They tell us to only put up work that meets the standards. Then they tell us to show work that is in progress. I don't know about other teachers, but when I'm finished with a section or topic, there is no going back. So how can work be in progress? I just do my own thing. This picture is an example of my Intro to Hospitality bulletin board. The students had to pretend to be a human resource mangager and create a job advertisement The only thing that I was missing was a rubric. (Now I know how to make up one, I'll do better!!) The Literacy Coach that if I do a little more detail, I will have a model classroom. GO ME!!

No comments: