Friday, November 7, 2008

Today was HOMECOMING!!!

Okay!!! So we had our first and last pep rally today. It was okay. The step team that I sponsor made it really good. Everyone came to see them. Earlier this week, I had another pow wow with a co-worker. I have been working with my step team for the past 3 weeks. On Wednesday, I asked the cheerleading sponsor where we were on the schedule and she told me that she needed to approve what my students were doing. I told her that I knew that she wasn't going to approve what we were doing because we have different views of what is appropriate. I'm black and she is white. She is old and I am young. I'm single and she is married to a preacher. What more do I need to say. I changed my show because I wanted everything to be appropriate. My students and their parents were mad, but it all worked out to our advantage. The cheerleaders performed before us and they did the moves that she didn't want them or my step team to do. I changed my show back to the old one because I feel that if her girls can do that, then my boys and girls can do it too. If I get reprimanded, then she better too. I don't know if that is a good attitude to have, but my kids worked too hard and too long to be toned down. I have had so many compliments on my team. I am so excited. Jonesboro, here we come!!!!

No comments: